The Death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
It is with deep sadness that we mark the news that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has passed away. She led our nation with dignity, dedication and grace over a lifetime of service. Our condolences and heartfelt sympathy are with His Majesty the King and members of the Royal Family.
Please find following some guidance and official insight for local businesses in case it is useful at this difficult time.
The Government is currently working with the Royal Household on how to commemorate the life of Her Majesty and you can expect further guidance in coming days.
For further updates on mourning arrangements for the public, businesses and organisations, The Royal Household will be the primary source of information, and they will announce details on www.gov.uk.
Many businesses across the UK will continue to operate normally and it is at their individual discretion on how the moment is marked, although we are aware that some businesses across the neighbourhood are closed today as a mark of respect.
There are considerations you may wish to make, including:
– Providing an opportunity for your staff to offer their condolences, either by providing your own book of condolence or by directing them to the online book of condolence at the Royal website
– Identifying arrangements made by Local Authorities to lay floral or memorial tributes
– Signposting staff on how to donate to one of The Queen’s patronages, with information available on the Royal website
– Identifying whether your business location is likely to be impacted by arrangements made by Local Authorities, or events planned in central London, and planning your response
– Considering any changes you might wish to make to your website and social media activities, and – where you have flags – lowering them to half-mast
Businesses are encouraged to follow updates on www.gov.uk and the Royal Website. The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea will also be updating their own website on local arrangements, including any events they may organise which might impact on the locality of your business or local travel.
We will not be posting on any of the destination social media channels (@sloanestreetSW1, @pavilionroad, @dukeofyorksquare and @kingsroad.london) during the period of mourning.
Upcoming events are being reviewed and may be rescheduled. We will provide a further update on this in due course.